Adding formatting to Profiles is a great way to differentiate or draw attention to requested information.
In the example below, we will add a title and italics to a section of a profile in order to clearly distinguish it from other areas. We will add the title and italics by adding fields with a Field Name of Formatting. We will then use HTML code to specify the formatting we want.
Here is a profile that asks congregants for basic information plus allergy and dietary needs:
In order to differentiate between basic information and dietary, we will add title and italics so that the result is:
- Go to Administer > Custom Data and Screens > Profiles
- On the Profile you would like to change, click on Fields (right hand side)
- Click the "Add Fields" button
- Select "Formatting" from Field Name drop down options
- In the Field Label field, choose a name to help staff identify the field
- In the HTML Code field, you will type in HTML tags* and the label for congregants. For example:
- To create a title larger than the other text on the page, type in: <h4>
- Then type in the desired label: Dietary/Allergy Restrictions
- Finally, add a closing tag </h4>
The result would look like this:
To italicize the section, add another field with field name Formatting (repeat steps 3-6)
For the HMTL code, type in <i>
After saving the field, use the Order arrows to move the field above the fields to be italized
The result will be:
*<h4> and <i> are HTML tags.Other common typesetting changes are <b> for bold and <br> for line break.