With the release of the 4.7.30 upgrade, The Pay Balances page has the option of additional donations. When members go to their Pay Balances page to pay off pledges or other balances, they can add an additional donation.
To Enable Additional Donation Option:
The "additional amount" option won't display until it's been configured and enabled.
- Go to Administrator > Custom Data and Screens > Pay Balance Settings
- For Accept additional amounts, toggle Yes
- For Additional amount label, write a title. This title will display on the Pay Balances page.
- For Additional amount description, write in a description. This description will display on the Pay Balances page. You can use this field to let your members know how their additional donations will be used, or to thank them for their additional donations.
- For Additional amount financial type, select a Financial type for all additional donations
- For Additional amount non-deductible percentage, you can choose a certain percentage of the additional donation to be non-deductible. By default, the entire amount it deductible.
- Click “Submit” to save your selections.
Adding an Additional Donation
After you have enabled Additional Donation in the Pay Balance Settings, your members will have the option to add an additional donation when paying via the Pay Balances page.
View Additional Donation on Your Pay Balance Amount:
- Go to your Pay Balances page. This page can be found Finances > Manage Contribution Pages. Use the Find Contribution Page search for “Pay Balance”. On the right hand side, click “Links” and then “Live Link” from the drop down options.
- On the Pay Balances Contribution page, be sure to select at least one pledge has been checked for payment. Once you have done this, the Additional amount description and Additional amount label will display.
- Fill in the amount of your additional donation. The Total Amount will adjust to include both the balances you have selected to pay and the additional contribution.
- Select a frequency for the contributions.
- Fill in credit card details
- Check that billing name and address are correct.
- Click Confirm
Letting your members know
You can let your members know about the Pay Balances Contribution page by sending them a link to the page or by including a token. The token can be found by searching for Pay Balance in the Tokens area of mailings.