General Search and Reporting
- The Relationship Report can now filter results by permissions (contact A over contact B and vice-versa) and order results by start date.
- When editing navigation menu items, you may now choose to display an icon from the Font Awesome library.
- Contact selection boxes on other entities (such as backend contribution or membership forms) now offer the ability to filter by contact ID or external identifier.
- Custom fields about contacts can now be included as columns and filters on the Membership Detail report.
- Custom field options can now be alphabetized in one click
- Smart Groups with Public Pages visibility are now available for users to join them through the User Dashboard.
- An administrator may now filter the list of tags by partial name on the Manage Tags page.
- A checkbox when editing a group now allows changing whether the group is active.
- The Reset Form link is now available at both the bottom and the top of the Advanced Search form.
- Users with the ability to view contacts were previously able to add notes by using a specially-crafted URL to reach the New Note form even if they lacked the ability to edit the contact. This change requires a new permission to add notes, and it requires the permission to edit the contact in order to edit or delete notes.
- Optional additional donation field extension now available for Pay Balances.
- Ability for Pay Balances to include a credit card processing fee (open support ticket to enable).
- Payment method now required when recording a payment method. Also, the payment amount now defaults to the amount due.
- Four new permissions are added to control access to accounting batches. Administrators should consider whether to grant these permissions to users who have the "edit all manual batches" or "edit own manual batches" permissions, which handled access to close and reopen batches.
- close own manual batches
- close all manual batches
- reopen own manual batches
- reopen own manual batches
- Every contribution now comes with an invoice number regardless of whether an invoice has been generated.
- The number of installments and original installment amount fields for pledges are now exportable from the pledge search.
- The contact display name on a contribution is now displayed as a link to the contact record.
- When a contribution listing displays payments beneath each contribution, Record Payment links now appear beneath partially paid contributions.
- In Message Templates (traditional), there is now an option to add a new template at the top of the page instead of having to scroll all the way to the bottom to add a new one.
- Message Templates (traditional) now offer both Save and Save & Done options.
- Message Templates are now loaded only when needed rather than upon opening the CiviMail composition form.
- The number of groups that could be selected in the mailing recipients field was limited to the number of autocomplete results as defined in the search settings. There is now no limit.
Events and Contribution Pages
- Price fields in price sets now allow for pre and post field help.
Activities and Cases
- You can now search by case ID or case subject in the Find Cases and Advanced Search forms. The layout of the case search fields is also modified.
- The Activities dashlet now has the option to display all activities regardless of status. The default is the legacy behavior of only displaying scheduled activities. Legacy users should note that the default order is reversed, with the newest activities displayed first.
- The activity report can now display and filter by the activity location.