If you would like to link to a PDF document or a Text/Spreadsheet file, you will follow a process very similar to the one used for linking to a page on and off your website.
(a) Before you are able to establish a link to a PDF, you will need to upload the document to your website.
Instructions for Uploading a Document or File to Your Website:
(1) Click the Content link in the black toolbar.
(2) Select the + Add Content link at the top of the page.
(3) Click the Document link.
(4) Give your PDF a title. The title should reflect the content of the PDF or file.
(5) After clicking the Choose File button, a pop-up window will open allowing you to locate the desired document on your computer.
(6) After locating the PDF on your computer, click it's title, and notice how the PDF title automatically populates the File Name field in the corresponding pop-up window.
(7) Click the Open button to add your PDF to your website CMS.
(8) Note how the PDF title now appears next to the Choose File button. Click the Upload button to add this file to your website's CMS, and Save to finalize. You have now added a PDF to your website.
(b) After clicking the Save button, you will be taken to a different screen showing the document attached to a page on your website.
(c) Use your mouse to right-click on the PDF's title, and select Copy Link Address. Or, click the PDF title to open the PDF in a new window. Copy the PDF's URL from your browser address bar.
You may also want to open a program like Notepad or Microsoft Word to temporarily store this URL.
(d) Once you have the PDF's URL, you are now ready to link this document to a web page.
Click the Find Content link in the gray toolbar to open an existing content page.
Or, select the Add Content link (also in the gray toolbar) to create a new content page.
(e) Once you determine where you want to link your PDF, highlight the desired link text.
(f) Click on the Insert/Edit Link icon in the WYSIWYG editor, and the Insert/Edit pop-up window will automatically appear.
(g) Paste your PDF's URL into Link URL field, but remove the domain URL (http://clientcode.jvillagenetwork.com) until the leading part of the URL has only “/sites/default/files/uploaded_...”
(h) Click Insert in the Insert/Edit Link pop-up window to establish your link.
(i) After clicking the Insert button, the Insert/Edit Link pop-up window disappears, and the highlighted text changes to blue.
(j) As always, don't forget to scroll to the very bottom of your page and click the Save button to finalize all changes.
(k) After clicking Save, you will be brought to the View/Edit page where you can test your new link to ensure that it works as intended.