Content refers to images, basic pages, calendar events, and forms.
By default, the items on your Content home page will be displayed according to when the item was last updated or modified, and not initially created.
(I) Using the Show Only Items Where Filter
Above your content listings, you will see the SHOW ONLY ITEMS WHERE filter, which contains two drop down sub-listings; (1) Status and (2) Type.
Status refers to the current "state" of a content item, including whether or not it is published.
Type refers to a content item's category or classification, such as whether it is a basic page or event.
After setting the desired status and type, click the Filter button to perform your search.
Based on my previous example, here are the results of my search for published Events.
(II) Update Options
Beneath SHOW ONLY ITEMS WHERE, is the UPDATE OPTIONS box. This feature allows you to quickly and easily change the status of multiple content items.
After clicking on the Update Options drop down menu, you can choose from seven sub-listings:
(1) Publish Selected Content: publishes content and pushes content live on your website.
(2) Unpublish Selected Content: removes content from being visible on your website. Content remains stored in your workarea.
(3 ) Promote Selected Content to the Front Page: allows you to “promote,” or move an item to your website’s front page.
(4) Demote Select Content from the Front Page: allows you to “demote,” or move an item from your website’s front page.
(5) Make Selected Content Sticky: Primarily used for blogs. Moves a blog post to the top of the page.
(6) Make Selected Content Not Sticky: Used after a post has been labeled as sticky.
(7) Delete Selected Content: PERMANENTLY deletes content from your website and work area.
NOTE: Please use the Delete option with great caution, as it can be difficult to restore deleted content.
By default, Update Options will display as Publish All Selected Content.
To update or change an item(s) status:
(a) Click the small checkbox located to the left of a content item’s title.
(b) Please know that you can select more than one title box and if you want to select all items, click on the top check box next to the word “Title.”
(c) Use the dropdown menu to select your desired action.
(d) Click the Update button.
When using the UPDATE OPTIONS feature, your previous settings from the SHOW ONLY ITEMS WHERE box will remain in effect and will influence the displayed content results.
Although I changed the status of my Interfaith Thanksgiving Celebration page to unpublish from publish. The page remains stored in my Content.
Use the SHOW ONLY ITEMS WHERE filter to search for unpublished content.