When you set-up event registration for self-service areas, you can also register contacts for an event via the back office. This is handy if you have members who do not use a computer, want to track school attendance, or a myriad of other situations. To record a back office event registration, complete the following: Login to your back office. Using the left sidebar, click "Create New/ Event Registration". From the next screen, you'll see the following. Here are the fields you can fill in and a brief description of each:
- Select Contact: choose a contact from your database to register for the event. If the contact is not already in your database, use the "create new contact" select bar.
- Event: choose the particular event from a list of events in your database. Depending on which event you choose, the price fields will correspond to that event (#6)
- Participant Role: choose the particular role of that contact for the event. If you have complete support or higher, you can customize your participant role options by going to your back office menu Administer/ CiviEvent/ Participant Roles
- Registration Date: this defaults to "today" unless you change it.
- Participant Status: choose from the select drop-down the status of the contact. Statuses include: registered, attended, no-show, cancelled, pending from pay later, pending from incomplete transaction, expired, pending in cart. If you have complete support or higher, you can customize your participant role options by going to your back office menu Administer/ CiviEvent/ Participant Statuses.
- Event Price: record the event payment information. This will be event specific, depending on which event you choose (#2).
- Record Payment?: to record a back office contribution record on the contact's record, check this box.
If you are registering someone with a status of "Pending from pay later" as selected in #5 above, check the "Record Payment?" option, and change the default status of the contribution from "Completed" to "Pending" - upon saving the event registration, the combination of these actions will result in a "Pending (Pay Later)" contribtuion that will appear as an open obligation on the contact's Financial Summary tab. Click HERE to view a screen shot.
- Notes: add a note to the contact's event record. This will be on the event.
You will also have the option of filling Extra Participant Info for the contact. This is a set of custom data fields. If you have complete support or higher, you can customize the data set Extra Participant Info by going to your back office menu Administer/ Customize Data & Screens/ Extra Participant Info (set)/ Fields. Keep in mind this data is NOT event specific, but contact specific.