When your staff visits jManage via their mobile device, they may access the site as if on a desktop OR there are native mobile tools that allow easier back office use. Your Mobile Tools area is designed for the layout of a typical smart phone, such as a typical iPhone/Android phone with a 4-5 inch screen. It also looks nice on a tablet and mini-tablet. People can do the following (restricted by the usual authorities/permissions):
- Lookup a list of participants for an event
- Check those participants into the event, which updates their participant status from "Registered" to "Attended". This is a great way to take attendance.
- Conduct a survey
- Look up/view existing contacts. If they click on the email field, then the phone's local email app will be launched pre-populated with that contact's email address.
- Create new contacts
- Edit contacts
When viewing/editing/creating a contact, the fields displayed are controlled via a profile. The profile is located at Administer/Customize Data and Screens/Profiles/Reserved Profiles/New Individual
What You Need To Know:
- Your smart-phone using staff can go directly to the URL https://myorganization.org/civicrm/mobile (and then bookmark it and/or create a start screen shortcut on their phone.) Then next time they can just touch the shortcut icon on their phone. If someone created the shortcut for a typical clergy member, they may likely think that this is a native phone app!
- You (or your webmaster) may wish to create a Drupal menu item to "/civicrm/mobile" somewhere on their homepage, that is only visible to staff/authorized users.
- This mobile tools area is NOT geared to members. Its geared to staff (or trusted lay leaders)