Special Permission Are Required To Create Advanced Roles And Restrict Access To Content In Your Environment. Please Open A SUPPORT TICKET To Discuss These Options.
The standard permissioned content that are already in your environment for your board include:
Committees: who has the permission to view only the Committees content
*Assign this role to anyone who is a committee member. Make SURE to remove this role when someone is no longer on a committee.
Next, you will need to enable the "Committees" area that is only visible to Committees & Committees roles. To do this:
- Go to: Front End Administer/ Site Building/ Menus/ Click "new menu". Title this "Committees". Add a menu link item such as a link to page you've already created for the "Committees area".
- A new adv. block is automatically created. Go to Blocks/ Disabled Blocks: find "Committees" block and enable by moving block to "left sidebar" or "first sidebar" area. Click save at the bottom of the screen.
- Find the enabled block and on the right-hand side, click the "configure" button to edit the block's visibility settings. Check the following boxes: visible ONLY to roles "Committees" and "Committees". Click save.
Importantly, make sure to test & confirm your block is only visible to roles "Committees". To do this, go to:
Front end Administer > People > Users > Add User.
- Create a "dummy" person. For the role, check "Committees" for the sample user you create.
- Logout and log back in as both users using the password you created when adding the 2 new users to view the site as a Committee user would see the site. You should be able to see Committee's block.
Congratulations! Your set-up is complete.