Add Users to Manage Website
Only Site Admins/Webmasters have permission to add more users to the website. If you need permission to access the website to edit, please contact your Site Administrator or Webmaster for access. If you are a Site Administrator, these are the directions for adding new users and assigning roles. See the Defined User Roles and Permissions document for user role descriptions.
- Login to the website and go to People in the admin menu
- Select Add User
- Create a Username, enter the user’s E-mail Address, create a default password, select a Role, and check the box to Notify user of new account
You may need to also provide some basic demographic information – First and Last Name
- Select Create new
- To see the new user, select the List tab at the upper
- Confirm with the user that they received their notification of access, and they are able to access the
- Usernames can me the person’s Full name with spaces, they can be first initial and full last name, their email address, etc. Upper and lowercase, symbols and spaces can be used for Usernames, and most users can change their username.
- Never share the default password. Either give the user the password over the phone or in person, or allow the user to reset their own password through the email notification they receive when their account is created or the login.