Home Page Images and Blocks for Styles 8 and 9
The home page slides are manage from the front end and allow you to upload an image, provide text for the textbox (if you have one), and link the slide to other content.
- Login and hover over the top right corner of the slideshow. A gray gear icon should appear – select the option for “Configure Slider ”
- You will see a dashboard page for all of the slides that currently appear in the site. If you are editing a current slide, find that slide in the list of slides that appear on the bottom left and select the title and skip to Step 5. If this is a new slide, select “Choose File” button under Upload a new slide image. NOTE: You cannot change/edit an image once uploaded to a slide; you have to delete the slide and create a new one
NOTE: Resize and crop all images before you upload them to the CMS. There are no tools available to resize and crop image once they’ve been uploaded to the slideshow. If helper text does not appear to assist you with image dimensions, download an image that already appears in your slideshow and determine the dimensions of that image.
- Upload the image. The file name will appear next to the choose file button. Scroll to the bottom and save Configuration
- The new slide will not appear as the last slide in the table of slides, and in the area where you access the slide image to edit it to add the title and subtext to the image
- Select the settings option for the new image. Add/Edit the Title and Description (title and subtext) for the textbox associated with the image. The Title field is for internal purposes. To add a Heading and subtext, you must use the font tools in the WYSIWYG toolbar. Make sure your Text format is on Full HTML to access the WYSIWYG
Add/Edit a link to in internal or external URL. Scroll down and Save Configuration
- You will now see the table of slides and the Title of each slide. You can move the slide into the order you would like it to appear by using the handlebar tool to click and drag it into place, then scroll down and Save Configuration
- Go to the home page and confirm your image is appearing and in the correct
- Keep your text copy short. This block is just a teaser for information, encouraging the user to select links for more information and to
- Refer to the helper text under the Home Page Slide Show image upload field for the optimal size for your
- Always resize and crop your image before uploading it to the
- Images for the slideshow are meant to be background, decorative, illustrative, not the focal point; if you find that an image interferes with the textbox, consider selecting another image to use for that
- The home page slideshow is not meant to be used as a photo album. An optimal number of images are no more than