How to Embed a Video
- Videos should be hosted on a third party video or image host such as Vimeo or Youtube. Go to the video you want to embed on that third party host. Youtube is used for this example
- Click on Share and then on Embed. You will have options to adjust the size of the video display in the embed, as well as other options. Make these selections BEFORE you copy the iframe embed code, as they will affect the code. Once your selections have been made, copy the code.
- Open to Edit the Block or Page you want to embed the video and change the Text format to Plain HTML from Full HTML. Paste the iframe embed code where you want it to appear in relation to the other content in the Block/Page.
- Change the textformat back to Full HTML. You will see the video appear in the Body box. Scroll down and Save
- The Video will not appear on the front end at first. You will need to refresh your browser and you will then see the video appear on the page
- If the video dimensions are too large, the video may overlap into other columns on the site. If this happens, you need to go back to the original source (Youtube or Vimeo) and adjust the video dimension size to fit the Block/Page you are adding it to, or remove the code for height and width entirely and just have frameborder =”0”.
Refresh your browser and the video will appear better fitted on the page