How to create and clone a Field Set
You can group information into field sets on webforms. Common uses for grouped information are contact information for parents, registration information for several children, and other registration or payment forms where you would like to collect the same information for multiple people.
- Login to the website and either create a new Webform under Content > Add Content or modify a Webform that already exists to add a field
Create a title for the field set in the field title, then select field set under Type, and Add.
- You can select that a fieldset fields are collapsible, meaning that the title will show but not the fields unless the user selects the option to reveal them. Field sets can be collapsed by default, or not. We suggest if you are creating multiple fieldsets for the same information, to not collapse the first field set, but collapse the additional fields to make the form appear shorter. You can also choose to hide the title of the fieldset, but in most cases, it is helpful for it to appear.
- Save the component field set. It will now appear on your form.
- Begin to add the fields associated with that fieldset, such as first name, last name, phone number, email address, etc. Whatever fields you want to include in that field
- Once you have all of the fields for that field set created, add those fields to the fieldset by using the handlebar tool at the beginning of each field, and dragging it to the right to place it under the
- Once you have moved all of the fields to the right underneath the field set, click Save.
- You can view the fieldset on the front end of the form by selecting the View tab, and make adjustments as needed
- If this is a fieldset you want to clone. Go to the Webform tab and select the Clone option under Operations.
- Change the Label/Fieldset title and field key, and make any adjustments to the collapsible settings, and Save Component
- After you Save, you will be brought back to the Webform field table and see your cloned fieldset appear.
- You may continue to create more clones of that fieldset, or add new fields or fieldsets following the same directions here.