How to Set‐up Form Email Notifications
- Login to the site and either navigate to your form on the front end by clicking on a link to the form or entering its alias in the URL window, or from the backend by going to Content and filter for Webforms (or click on Find Content if you have that Shortcut in the tool bar) and click Edit for the form you want to add email notification to
- Click on the Webform tab, then the E‐mails button below it
- The webform will already have an Email notification set up for the user of the form. If you want to edit what information is sent to the form user, then click on Edit under Operations:
- If you want to set up notification for someone on your staff or otherwise, leave the default Address button selected under Email To, enter the email address for the notification (you can add more than one by separating them with a comma and no space) and click on the Add button under Operations
The emails to be notified with display on the E‐mail to address Custom field. Under E‐mail Header Details, you have the option to keep the default values, create your own custom, or use field information from the form for the E‐mail Subject, from Address, and from Name
- Scroll down and you will see that there is a default template already set up with will pull in the date the form was submitted, a username if the user is logged in, the values on the form, and a results of the submission through a URL. Since the form is most likely a public form (does not require a user to login, remove the Submitted by user: %username, and The results of the submission may be viewed at:
%submission url in order to avoid confusion if a person isn’t logged in when the view the form or receive the email (the submission form URL will not work if not logged in).
- If you want to customize what the notification email contains, you can open the Included E‐mail Values box, and select/deselect the fields in the form you want the email to contain or not contain. For example, if your office finance manager just need s to know the person’s name, address, and how much they gave in the email, you can deselect any fields that have to do with gift designations and special notes or comments/instructions.
- Save email settings, and you will see your email address notification appear in the list. You may Add more if needed