How to Add a Photo Album
Begin by clicking Add Content via the gray toolbar at the top of the window, or by clicking on Content
via the black toolbar and then by clicking Add Content on the following page.
Scroll down the list and you should see Photo Album, so you’ll need to click that to add your new Photo Album.
- Provide a title for your new Photo Album, followed by a brief description, which will display on the photo album’s page. You can type in place of (description), but you’ll want to keep the Return to Gallery link so visitors can easily return to the Gallery page and see your other albums.
We advise that the description contain only text and very little use of bulleted/numbered items as to not distract the visitor from looking at the main photos. We recommend against the use of pictures or different-sized text in the description field.
- The Cover Image will be the photo that represents the album, so we recommend a photo that serves as a good representation of all the photos you will be uploading into this album. It can even be one of the main photos themselves.
- Next, in the Images section is where you’ll be uploading your photos. A maximum of 36 photos can be uploaded per album. You are able to upload multiple photos at one time by holding down CTRL when selecting your photos.
If you would like to adjust the number of total photos per album, contact Client Support
- The Category section is where you’ll tag the Photo Album with different categories. These categories display as a dropdown list on the Gallery page that visitors to your website can use to find certain albums. We recommend that you use these tags sparingly so that visitors can find the photos quickly. We’ll go over how to manage the Photo Album Category taxonomy later on.
- The Sort Order field is used for sorting the albums on the Gallery page. Currently the Sort Order is based on numerical value, where the lowest value receives the highest priority. We recommend the values be entered in 10s, so when you create album B, you can easily place it between albums A and C:|
Album A – Sort Order: 10 Album B – Sort Order: 15 Album C – Sort Order: 20
If you would like to sort based on Photo Album title, or any other value, contact Client Support.
- In the tabs below Sort Order, click on URL path settings and there you can specify the URL alias of your album. By default, an alias will automatically be generated for you, and the URL of your album would be something like domain.org/gallery/album-title. Again, you can choose whichever alias you prefer.
Lastly, there may be an option for Members-only Access, depending on whether your website has that feature enabled. This feature is especially helpful for sensitive information as it prevents visitors without accounts on your website from viewing your content. This option can be enabled per album, so certain albums can be viewable to the public whereas others require a login.
If you are interested in Members-only Access and do not see it on your website, contact Client Support.
Photo Album Categories
The Photo Album Category taxonomy is used primarily on the Gallery page as a dropdown filter for the visitors to find the album(s) they are looking for.
To add or remove terms from the Photo Gallery Categories, click on Structure via the black toolbar at the top of the window and then click on Taxonomy.
In the taxonomy list, you’ll see Photo Album Category. Click on list terms to see all of the terms, or categories, pertaining to the photo albums. By default, you should see A, B and C, which are there for placement purposes so you can freely replace and/or add some new ones if you like. You can edit existing terms by clicking the corresponding edit link for each term, or add new terms by clicking + Add term.
You will not need to worry about the descriptions or aliases of these categories as they will not be used by the Photo Gallery, though it couldn’t hurt to make sure they are left blank.
Once you have created your Photo Album, it should be visible on the Gallery page! (domain.org/gallery)