IMPORTANT: these instructions are for payment processors other than iATS. They do not work for iATS recurring contributions.
If you had a credit card subscription miss a payment for a variety of reason, you can post a single contribution and nest it under the exisitng recurring subscription by completing the following steps:
- Go to the contact's record. Click on financial summary tab. Choose the button "create new contribution".
- Enter in the amount and the financial type. When recording the payment amount, fill in the total amount for the same financial type used when creating the subscription, but DO NOT use a price set to record the splits.
- Under "additional details", expand this area. Choose the recurring subscription for which to nest this payment from the drop-down select bar - if your recurring subscription was set up using a price set, the system will automatically allocate the correct amounts to the splits once the contribution is linked to the subscription.
- Click Save.
- Check and confirm your contribution was added correctly to the open, recurring obligation by returning to the financial summary tab for that contact.
If the above changes are not reflected immediately on the financial summary tab, you can manually execute the scheduled job that is responsible for doing this as follows:
- Under the "Administer" top menu in the back office, slect "System Settings", then "Scheduled Jobs"
- Scroll to find the scheduled job titled "Call RecurringPaymentsCache.Rebuild API" (should be around the 4th job on the lsit), click the "More" hyperlink, then "Execute Now"
- Once the job has run, a brief system message to that effect will appear on the screen (the more information the system has to process, the more time it will take, but typically takes only a few seconds before completion) - once you see that message, go back to the contact record and refresh the financial summary tab to see that the changes have indeed taken effect.