Setting up a new pledge for a single contact is accomplished in just a few easy steps:
- Click the “Create New” button (on the left-hand side of any screen in the back office) and select “Pledge”.
Note: Consider recording financial transactions on INDIVIDUAL contact types only (not households). The reason for this comes into play when you enable self-service areas - users log on and have access to their individual records, not household records. If obligations are recorded on the household record, individual users will not be able to see nor pay for those obligations.
- Enter required pledge details:
- Select Contact (or Create New Contact)
- Total Pledge Amount
- Number of Installments (default is 12)
- Frequency (default is every 1 month)
- Pledge Made (the date the pledge was made)
- Payments Start (the date upon which payments are expected to start)
- Financial Type
- Add additional information as desired, then click the Save button.
To create pledges for multiple contacts, refer to Batch Billing.