To complete a back office ACH transaction in your back office, complete the following:
- Login to your jManage database.
- ONE-TIME SETUP: Create a contribution page - in the Amounts tab, set iATS Payments ACH/EFT as the payment processor; and, if you have enabled recurring payments in your iATS account, be sure to enable Recurring Contributions and make any additional selections as desired. Create pricing structure (price set) for the contribution page. Make sure the price set uses text/numeric quantity fields with the amount being 0.01. Add a the profile "supporter info" to the contribution. Click Save.
- To record an ACH contribution that is unrelated to a pledge, go to the contact's record and click the Financial Summary tab.
- At the top of the Financial Summary tab, select the <<Name of your contribution page>> from the drop down list to process a new ACH/EFT contribution or recurring contribution from this contact.
- Enter in the transaction details. Click Save.
- For paying off pledges from the back office with iATS one time or recurring ACH or CC, make use of the Pay Balances function, instructions for which can be found HERE
SELF - SERVICE: ONLINE CONTRIBUTION PAGE
- Login to your jManage database.
- ONE-TIME SETUP: Create a contribution page - in the Amounts tab, set iATS Payments ACH/EFT as the payment processor; and, if you have enabled recurring payments in your iATS account, be sure to enable Recurring Contributions and make any additional selections as desired. Create pricing structure (price set) for the contribution page. Add a the profile "supporter info" to the contribution. Click Save.
- Publicize your contribution page by sending the page URL via mass mailing to constituents, adding corresponding "Community News and Engagement" mail merge token for your contribution page to a mass mailing, add a link to your main website menu to the page, etc. To find your contribution page URL, go to Finances/ Manage Contribution Pages/ Find the page you created/ Links: Live Page. Copy and paste this URL.
ACH Settlement Schedule
Please Note: This information is taken in large part from the iATS website - for the most up to date information, please click HERE and scroll to view the section on steps involved in processing live ACH transactions.
ACH/EFT transaction processing differs from credit card processing in that it is not done in “real time”. When ACH/EFT transactions are submitted via your jManage database to iATS for processing, there are f stages that each transaction will go through:
- Immediately following the receipt of transaction information from your jManage database, each transaction will be listed as “Tobesent” within iATS systems. In your jManage database, the corresponding status of the contribution would be "Pending". This stage indicates the transaction is waiting to be sent to the iATS processing bank according to the following schedule:
Monday and Tuesday: File sent twice per day (3am and 3pm)
Wednesday to Friday: File sent once per day (3pm)
- Once the transactions have been sent to the iATS processing bank, but before final approval/rejection has been received, each transaction will be listed as “Pending” within iATS systems. A response should be received within one business day of submission to the iATS processing bank. In your jManage database, the corresponding status of the contribution would continue to be "Pending".
- Once a response has sent back to iATS from the processing bank, each transaction will be listed in iATS systems as either:
- "OK", in which case the transaction will be marked as "Completed" in your jManage database,OR
- "Reject", in which case the transaction will be marked as "Failed" in your jManage database.
- If the transaction is marked "OK" in iATS systems, it is sent to the donor's bank for final approval. At this point, the donor or the donor’s bank may refuse the debit (e.g. because of an account closure or insufficient funds). If this occurs, a separate return transaction is recorded on the iATS Journal report and a notification email is sent to the client.
To view the all iATS payment results in report format, click on "iATS Payment Admin" located under the Finances menu in the back office of your jManage database.