While we at JVillage are more than happy to configure payment processor accounts for you in the back office, there are times when slight changes need to be made (e.g. the name of the payment processor account) or you prefer to update/configure a new payment processor by entering the required credentials on your own. If this is a new payment processor account, it is very important that a ticket be opened (send email to firstname.lastname@example.org) for us to be able to verify that all communications are flowing correctly under the hood - this is especially true when it comes to recurring subscriptions. There is also an important step that you will need to take to ensure that all of your active contribution pages and upcoming paid event pages continue to function correctly.
- Under the Administer top menu in the back office, hover over "System Settings" and click to select "Payment Processors"
- Click the "Edit" hyperlink next to the payment processor you wish to edit, or click the "Disable" hyperlink to remove a given payment processor from selection
NOTE: It's never a good idea to delete anything from your database - each payment processor is assigned a unique ID - when a payment processor is deleted, any records associated with that payment processor will have the value of "NULL" instead of the unique ID - disabling the payment processor, on the other hand, keeps the unique ID in tact and provides for an additional bit of information that can be very helpful when troubleshooting issues under the hood.
- Click the "Add Payment Processor" button to add a new payment processor
- Select the desired payment processor* from the list, then give the system a few seconds to load the payment processor specific configuration form (for the purposes of this example, we will be using iATS Payments Credit Card)
*Click HERE to see the list of supported payment processors for your JVillage database
- [Required] Enter a short name that will allow you to differentiate this payment processor from any others you might have in your system (e.g. iATS Payments Credit Cards)
- [Optional] Enter a description
- [Required] Select a Financial Account - there is a default "Payment Processor Account" asset account that is included in every client environment - to make changes to this Financial Account or to create a different Financial Account of type ASSET*, please click HERE for detailed instruction
*The Financial Account linked to a payment processor account must always be of type ASSET for proper system function and reporting.
- The default setting is always toggled indicating that this payment processor is ACTIVE
- If you have multiple payment processors, you may opt to make this payment processor the default, or untoggle the box to preserve an existing payment processor as the default
- [Required - Payment Processor Specific] Enter the agent code as it appears in the welcome email received from your iATS representative
- [Required] Enter your password
- The Site URL and Recurring Payments URL are filled in automatically by the system according to the Payment Processor type selected in step 4 above
- [Optional] Test credentials may be entered, but requirements differ according to payment processor - for iATS, the agent code and password should be different from the ones entered in steps 10 and 11 above - otherwise, you will be sending LIVE transactions - please check with your iATS representative for the availability of client specific test agent code and password and enter them in the relevant fields.
- Click to Save your changes
- You will now see the newly added payment processor in the list of your existing payment processors
Updating Active Contribution Pages And Upcoming Paid Event Pages With New Payment Processor Option(S)
You will note that at the top of the payment processor screen there is a message regarding Online Contribution Pages and upcoming Paid Event pages - please follow these steps to update each in turn:
For Active Contribution Pages:
- Click the "Finances" top menu
- Click "Manage Contribution Pages"
- Scroll to find the first active contribution page
- Click the "Configure" hyperlink, and select "Contribution Amounts"
- Select the relevant payment processors to be made available for use on this page
- Click Save and Done
- Repeat steps 1 - 6 for all active contribution pages
For Upcoming Paid Event Pages:
- Click the "Events" top menu
- Click "Manage Events"
- Scroll to find the first active event page
- Click the "Configure" hyperlink, and select "Fees" (if this options is grayed out, it signals that it is not a paid event and you can click the "Configure" hyperlink of the next event page)
- Select the relevant payment processors available for use on this page
- Click Save and Done
- Repeat steps 1 - 6 for all upcoming paid event pages