What Are Recurring Credit Card (CC) Subscriptions?
Recurring CC Subscriptions are ongoing contributions you or your members set-up (through your website self-service contribution pages). You only have to set-up the subscription once and then future payments are charged automatically to their credit card; i.e. a "set it and forget it" payment subscription.
Below are the following steps to complete to enable this feature in your system:
- Purchase payment processor services that allow for recurring credit card subscriptions (currently your system works with Authorize.net, Pay Pal Pro or iATS Payments)
- Email the following information from your payment processor account to Jvillage Roll - Out Specialist (or open a support ticket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org): MD5 Hash, Transaction Key setting, and API Login ID.
- Set-up your payment processor online account. Set the Silent Post URL, so your payment processor can communicate with our software. This is essential so that transaction status messages are correct in our software. ( Such as transaction succeeded, transaction failed, etc)
- Turn OFF automated emails from your payment processor. All emails will be sent by your jManage software.
- Click the button to set your payment processor as "live" rather than "test mode". This is necessary so authorize.net transactions will go through and charge credit cards.
To set-up Recurring Credit Card Subscriptions in your back end, complete the following steps.
IMPORTANT: Currently, "start date" feature is only possible with payment processor Authorize.net:
- Login to back-end of jManage
- Find contact's record in back-end to which you would like to add a recurring credit card contribution
- Click on "contributions" tab.
- Click on "submit credit card contribution" (see below)
5. Choose "Authorize.net" as payment processor. Enter in contribution type and total amount (for each installment).
6. Toggle button for "I want to contribute this amount every..." Choose frequency and duration. Also notice "start date" option. This will allow you to chose the date and time you want these installments to begin charging the community member's credit card.
7. Click "save" to finish or "save and new" to enter in another credit card transaction.
You or your members/donors can also create these in the self-service area, using a contribution page that is configured for recurring contributions.
Note: You must be using either Authorize.net or PayPal for these features to work. If you are using Authorize.net, you must verify that the Authorize.net Silent Post URL is configured properly.
To find the recurring CC subscriptions in your system, go to: Back Office >Search > Custom Search > Automated Recurring Billing. You can search by date range or subscription status.