Editing Statement Templates
Once you have seen what the desired statement looks like using a sample contact with relevant information as instructed above, follow these steps to edit mailing templates as needed:
- Access the Back Office.
- Click the Mailings menu.
- Click to select Message Templates.
- Select the desired Message Template to be edited or click Add Message Template.
- Click to place your cursor within the Message Box.
- Compose your message, inserting Tokens as desired (refer to our token glossary for further detail HERE):
- With your cursor placed where you want to the token to be inserted, click the Insert Tokens link in the upper right corner of the message box.
- Scroll to see the list of available tokens, or, if known, begin typing the name of the token to narrow down the list (e.g. “Finances:” for statements, “Taxes:” for tax letters).
- Insert the token by highlighting the desired token name in the list, then clicking Done.
- In Mass Mailings only, you can include customized headers and footers. You can configure custom headers and footers using the following steps:
- Click the Administer menu.
- Click CiviMail.
- Click to select Headers, Footers, and Automated Messages.
- Once you have completed your message template, click to Save
- It is recommended to view what the template looks like with a sample contact before sending
- For more information about mailings and templates, click HERE.