If you use "prepayment-" contribution types to track credit balances, use the following method to apply credit balances to pledges:
- Bring up the contact record
- Click the "Contribution" tab
- Create a new "prepayment-" contribution of the same type (e.g. if the credit was listed as "prepayment-Dues 12/13", select "prepayment-Dues 12/13".
- Enter the amount of the credit that will be applied against the pledge as a negative number (e.g. if the credit was for $100, but only $50 is being applied to a pledge, enter -50).
- In the Source field, it is a good idea to enter something along the lines of "Applying Credit to Dues 13/14".
- Enter any additonal contribution details and click to Save.
- To apply the credit as a contribution against an existing pledge (e.g. Dues 13/14), do the following:
- Bring up the contact record.
- Click the "Financial Summary" tab.
- Click the "Record Payment/Adjustment*” hyperlink next to the pledge of interest.
- Select the Payment Instrument of "Non-Monetary"
- Enter contribution details and click to Save.
*Click HERE to review detailed instruction on recording adjustments and other modifications against pledges.