In your previous system, it was recorded that a member had a credit of $600 applied to 13/14 Religious School Tuition, but no charges were entered because it has yet to be decided how much will be charged for 13/14 tuition. This credit was imported as an "adjustment-" contribution of $600 towards 13/14 Religious School Tuition.
- Access the back office.
- Create the relevant financial type if it doesn't already exist (e.g. "13/14 Religious School Tuition" - click HERE for detailed instructions on creating new financial types).
- Click the “Create New” button (on the left-hand side of any screen in the back office) and select “Pledge” (click HERE for detailed instructions on creating new pledges).
- Enter the total pledge amount (e.g. 1000)
- Enter additional pledge details (e.g. select "13/14 Religious School Tuition" as the financial type) and click to Save.
- A new "adjustment-" contribution must be created to apply the credit as a contribution against an existing pledge (e.g. "adjustment-13/14 Religious School Tuition") as follows:
- Click the small black triangle icon next to the pledge you want to apply this against.
- n the financial type drop down box, select the relevant "adjustment-" financial type (e.g. "adjustment-13/14 Religious School Tuition").
- If the amount of the expected payment is different from the credit amount being applied, click the “adjust pledge payment amount” hyperlink to enter the amount of the credit being applied as a positive number (e.g. 600).
- In the Source field, it is a good idea to enter something along the lines of "Applying credit to 13/14 Religious School Tuition".
- Enter any additional contribution details and click to Save.
- The imported "adjustment-" financial type must now be cancelled to avoid showing a duplicate credit as follows:
- Click the contact's "Contributions" tab.
- Click the "Edit" hyperlink to the right of the contribution in question.
- Change the contribution status to "Cancelled".
- It is a good idea to enter the cancellation reason as something along the lines of "Reallocating credit to Reduce 13/14 Religious School Tuition Pledge Balance".
- Enter any additional details and click to Save your changes.