The recording of partial payments currently has a few limitations:
- This can only be done via back office registration (does not work for self-service event registration, contribution pages, pay balances, etc)
- There are limited reports for this work flow
- Partially paid event contributions do not appear as obligations in the Financial Summary tab or in financial tokens
- Payments received against partially paid contributions will not appear in the Financial Summary tab or in financial tokens until the entire contribution has been paid and updated with a status of "Completed"
Record $100 deposit against $500 event fee:
- Use either back-office form for "Add Event Registration" or "Submit Credit Card Registration"
- Select "Partial paid" from Participant Status dropdown
- Select an option from those offered (e.g. $500 total event fee)
- In Payment Information block, over-ride default "total amount" (e.g $500) and enter a lesser amount (e.g. $100)
- Submit the form
- Participant record with "Partially paid" status and a linked $100 contribution record are created
Record additional payments towards balance for event:
- Go to contact's Events tab OR use Events > Find Participants to find "Partially paid" contribution, scroll to find the event registration in question, hover over "more" hyperlink to the right hand side, and select "Record Payment"
- The "Record Payment" option will remain available until the full balance of the event registration is paid (remaining balance appears to the right hand side of the amount field for informational purposes)
- Enter the amount being paid - if the amount does not cover the entire balance, the Participant Status will continue to appear as "Partially paid" until the full balance is paid off
- If you View Participant record, you will see all related contributions listed on the screen