Editing contributions paid by credit card via your jManage database is currently limited to notes and additional detail of the contribution. However, contributions paid by cash, check EFT or any other method via Jmanage are editable. Contributions can be edited individually, or in batch.
- Access the back office
- Click the Finances menu
- Click Find Contributions
- Enter the contact name or other criteria that will allow you to locate the contribution you would like to edit
- From the results screen, click the "Edit" hyperlink to the right of the contribution in question
- Change contribution details as required
IMPORTANT: If you need to edit the amount of a contribution that was recorded against a pledge, do NOT change the amount of the contribution, rather, cancel the existing contribution - the system will generate an additional pledge payment according to the original pledge payment schedule and, if the pledge was previously "Completed", the pledge status will revert to "In Progress" against which a payment can be recorded.
Changes to amounts of contributions that are not related to pledges must be done in two separate fields:
- Total Amount field located at the top of the record contribution screen
- Net Amount field located at the bottom of the record contribution screen under "Additional Details"
If changes to the amount are not reflected in both fields, you will be presented with the following error message: "The sum of fee amount and net amount must be equal to total amount" and the system will not allow you to save your changes.
- Click to save your changes.
- From the back office of your jManage database, bring up the contact record
- Click the contact's contribution tab and scroll to find the contribution to be canceled
- Click the hyperlinked “Edit” to the right of the contribution in question
- Click the Contribution Status selection box arrow and set status to "Canceled"
- Additional fields will appear when you change the status - filling these fields out is optional.
- Click to Save your changes
- Access the back office
- If you don't already have one, create a Contribution Profile with the contribution fields that you need to edit. Click HERE for detailed instructions regarding profiles.
- Click the Finances menu, then click to select Find Contributions
- Enter the search criteria that will allow you to locate the contributions you would like to edit, then click Search
- From the results screen, select up to 50 contributions that you wish to edit
- In the actions drop down box, select Update Multiple Contributions (previously known as "Batch Update Contributions via Profile")
- Select the Contribution Profile, then click Continue
- Enter new contribution details as required, being sure to make use of the "Copy Down" icon at the top of each editable column
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Update Contributions
- A system message will appear that the contributions have been updated successfully - click Done - you will be returned to the search screen results with any remaining contributions to be updated
- The system will allow you to bulk edit up to 50 contributions at a time, so if you need to edit more than 50, you will need to repeat this process from Step 5 above until all contributions have been updated