To find contributions in your back office, go to your back office top menu Finances/Find Contributions or Finances/ Dashboard.
From your dashboard, you will see a pie or chart graph of contributions in your system, organized by month or year. Below the graph you will also see recent contribution details.
Go to your back office top menu Finances/ Find Contributions. From the filters screen, choose to report on contributions from a self-service contribution page (1) or by date range (2) [date range = of the start date of the recurring subscription (credit cards) start date of pledge, or received date of the one-time contribution]. You can also filter to find only (3) pay later contributions or recurring contributions. Lastly, you can filter by financial type (4). Other filters also exist on this screen, such as payment status, searching for a particular contributor, or search for contributions with thank you/ receipts not yet sent/ marked as sent in you
Find Contributions That Use Price Sets
You can also use the custom search "Find Contribution Pages w/ Price Sets
After you click search from the filter screen, you will see your results. You also have options under the - actions - menu once you choose all or a subset of records. The "actions" menu allows you to:
- Batch Update Contributions Via Profile: this is useful if you want to update a large number of contributions' thank-you date at once, for example. You need to create the profile you want to use before you perform the search and batch update (see the the chapter Profiles in the Configuration section for more information about creating profiles).
- Delete Contributions: this removes contributions entirely from the system, as if they had never been entered in the first place. Editing contributions and updating their status to canceled provides a better audit trail, but there may be situations where you do want to delete, such as a contribution entered on the wrong contact's record.
- Export Contributions: because this search is contribution-centric, it does not recognize if contributions come from the same contact. Therefore, if one contact has multiple contributions that fit the search criteria, that contact will appear as multiple rows when you export your spreadsheet. If you want to do searches that return one result per contact, use the contact advanced search.
- Print or Email Contribution Receipts: this allows you to create a PDF file of all the receipts in the search, or email the receipts to the associated donors.
- Send Email to Contacts: send an email to all or choose contacts found in the search.
- Update Pending Contribution Status: update the contribution status of all or choose contacts who have contributed online. This action only works with online contributions, and the same contribution status will be applied to all the contributions choose for updating.