Within your system, you can complete the following work flow tasks using credit cards and/or ACH:
- Submit a live one-time payment in your back office (contribution)
- Submit a live recurring payment schedule in your back office (automated contributions)
- Allow members to create automated schedules to pay their open balances (such as dues, etc) without needing staff time. You can allow the member to pay via ACH, credit cards, or both.
- Allow donors and/or members to make one-time and/or recurring payments for donations, fundraising campaigns or anything else you choose using ACH, credit cards, or both.
- Pay for an event fee using in your back office (event registration)
- Have people pay online using credit card or ACH via your website (contribution page(s))
- Have people set-up their member dues online via 50/50 or 100% self-service pages (contribution page)
- Have people pay for an event using credit card or ACH via your website (online event registration)
- A staff member/trusted volunteer can pay on someone else's behalf via credit card or ACH using a Contribution Page or Paid Event Page. (Such as for a member/donor who calls in their payment details.)
NOTE: Your organization can determine for each page which payment methods are available or not.
The next few sections explain the system setup required to enable direct, fully integrated credit card and ACH processing in your Pogstone database.
If your organization doesn't already accept credit cards and/or ACH, enabling this capability ultimately saves both time and money for the organization by eliminating repetitive entry (recurring contributions) and by transferring the data entry to the end user as opposed to paid staff (self-service contribution pages and online event registration). This requires the purchase of an outside payment processor service (ie a financial institution) to process credit card/ACH transactions and manage the allocation of monies.