Managing Financial Accounts
To edit/create new Financial Accounts:
- From the back office, click the Administer top menu, then hover over CiviContribute and select Financial Account
- To add a new Financial Account, click the "Add Financial Account" button at the top of the screen
- To edit an existing Financial Account, scroll to find the financial account of interest ("Building Fund" in this example), and click the hyperlinked "Edit"
- Add or edit details as desired, then click to Save your changes.
- Disabling accounts is always preferred over deleting to preserve data integrity; however, should you chose to delete a financial account that is linked to a financial type, you will receive an error message stating something along the lines of "cannot delete this header account" and it will also list the financial type to which it is linked. The "header" account is referring to the financial account. To unlink the financial account from the financial type:
- Click the Administer top menu item, hover over CiviContribute, and then click on Financial Types to access the financial types administration screen
- Scroll to find the financial type that the financial account is linked to
- Click the Accounts hyperlink to the right hand side of the financial type
- Click the Delete hyperlink to the right hand side of the financial account (this will remove the link from the financial type, but will not delete the financial account itself)
- To delete a financial account, click the Administer top menu, hover over CiviContribute, and then click on Financial Accounts to access the financial accounts administration screen
- Scroll to find the financial account you wish to delete, then click the hyperlinked "delete" to the right hand side of the financial account
- Click OK to confirm deletion