Members, Contacts and Relationships
To see a summary of the status of your memberships over recent months, as well as a details about these memberships, you can use the membership dashboard or or view the membership in an individual's contact record.
Global Membership Dashboard: To see a quick snapshot of your recent memberships, use the membership dashboard: Memberships/ Dashboard. This screen contains two blocks of information that display a summary or your recent memberships, categorized by type and date range, and a list of recent member activity.
All of the summary numbers are hot-linked. Simply click on a number to drill down and view a list of members who have joined or renewed over the last two months or the year-to-date, or who are considered current according to the membership status definitions. From this list of members, you can perform additional actions with the memberships, such as Delete, Edit, Export, Send Email to Contacts.
Individual Contact Record's Membership Tab: you can also see the membership(s) for an individual on their contact record. Click on the "membership" tab to view their membership details.
To create a new membership record, you can:
- Find the individual contact record, then click on the Membership tab > Add Membership, then fill out the "New Membership" form, OR
- Click Memberships > New Membership, then select the contact or create a new contact who will be getting the membership, then fill out the "New Member" form
Many of the fields on this page will be auto-completed if left blank. Fields include:
- Membership Organization and Type: select the name of the organization that the contact has a membership with and the type of membership.
- Source: The system will complete details regarding the record, including whether it was an offline or online transaction and who completed the record.Status Override
- Member Since: The date the membership record was created will be auto-filled, but you can edit this date with the actual date that the member joined.
- Start Date: If the membership type is a rolling membership, the current date will be auto-filled. If the membership type is a fixed period, your database will determine the appropriate start date based on the membership type configuration.
- End Date: This field is automatically calculated from the start date and filled in based on the membership type settings. NOTE:: If you are using jManage-recommended lifetime membership duration, there will be no end date to the membership.
- Record Membership Payment?: By checking the box and completing the transaction fields displayed, you are creating two associated records: a membership record and a contribution record. After recording the membership, you will be able to view the membership record and see the related contribution record at the bottom. NOTE: If you are using 50/50 membership renewal, you can choose the price set from this screen. If you are using 100 % self-service, you'll need to use another screen (contributions tab on individual's record) to set-up the recurring subscription successfully.
- Send Confirmation and Receipt?: check this box to send an email to the contact that their membership is confirmed
You can batch update membership records by selecting Memberships > Find Members > enter your criteria and from the "Find Members" results screen, select the membership records and click Batch update. Just as with other batch updates, you have two options: (a) batch update via profile or (b) batch update via external spreadsheet. To read about option a, CLICK HERE. To import memberships from a spreadsheet into your back office (e.g. batch update), use this menu item. You MUST have the following columns in the spreadsheet to successfully import in memberships:
- Pre-configured membership types
- Individual internal contact ID
- Individual first name (for your reference)
- Individual last name (for your reference)
- Membership type
- Member since date
- Membership status
- Membership start date
You may decide to export membership records so that you can do more analysis, perform document mail merges, or create a specific type of report outside of your database. Exporting membership records allows you to select a default set of primary fields or choose fields that are specific to the membership record for export.
To export membership records:
- Click on Memberships > Find Members > enter your criteria,
- then on the "Find Members" search results screen, select the records you want to import and in -actions- drop down, select Export Members.