Online Membership Set-Up Options (3)
There are three different ways to configure the membership areas (100% back office, 50/50, 100% self-service). Read below a brief description of each choice. Once you've decided which option is best for your community, choose the corresponding page link:
100% back office: no contribution page - add members via back office and batch bill members (bookkeeper).
50/50: add members via back office and allow for financial renewal online via online contribution page (without using membership tab on contribution page).NOTE: this means membership and financials are divorced/ separated. e.g. someone can be a member and be in arrears in their dues payment(s)*
100% self - service: allows for memberships AND financials to be renewed online via online contribution page and membership type begin set-up as "auto-renew". Limitations to this method explained above.
Once you have understood the concepts outlined above, and you are looking for a more modern answer to your membership renewal process, answer the following questions to find the best method for your organization:
- What are your membership periods?
- Are your membership terms are rolling or fixed-date?
- Is membership is based on an individual, a relationship to an organization or being part of a household? For instance, a social service agency may sign up an entire family as a member, while a policy-making organization may sign up other organizations as members.
- If memberships are organizational, do staff of those organizations inherit the membership?
- Do you want to provide a special members area of your website, or offer them discounts or extra online content as a result of their membership? If so, you should explore front-end integration using Roles.
- Do you want to expose self-service membership sign-up and renewal through your website?
- If your membership(s) are not free, what payment methods will you accept?
Also ask why your membership structure is the way it is. Perhaps the workflow was set up based on a previous technological or organizational limitation that doesn't apply now that you are using your jManage system.