First, be sure you need to add another block. You may just need to add content to an existing block and apply a heading style to indicate a different section within one vertical column. The difference in needing to create a new block and just adding a heading to a pre‐existing block depends on your style of website. If your site is Style 1 (there is a teaser box in the right column to appears next to the slideshow – see examples www.jofa.org and www.jkidphilly.org) you do not need to add a new block, just create text and apply a heading style to add a new section to that teaser box. If your site is Style 2, 3, or 4 (there is no teaser box to the right of the slideshow, the teaser boxes are all located beneath the slideshow – see Style 2 examples www.temple‐el.com and beth‐am.org, or Style 3 www.beth‐elsa.org and www.surpriselake.org) you will need to create a new block and add it to the homepage in the correct teaser box.
Create a new Block:
- Login and go to Structure> Blocks in the black bar, or Blocks may be a shortcut in the gray bar.
- Once in the Block section, click on Add Block
- The Block Title will appear on the public end of the site and will be styled with Heading 1 (H1) styling. If you do not want the Title to appear on the front end, then do not type any text here. The Block description does not appear on the public side of the site, but is used for internal identification purposes. This is how you will identify that this is the block you want on the homepage. Limit your description to 1‐3 words. The Block body is the content that will appear on the Public end either under the Title if you gave it one, or under a heading you supply by applying a heading style to the text in the block.
3a Creating a MORE hyperlink –
- To create a hyperlink to MORE that has the specific MORE link styling and is not a general hyperlink, type in MORE and hyperlink it to the page you want to go to.
- Then highlight the MORE link and select Heading Style 6 for the link. You may want to right justifying it. Then Save.
- Adding the block to the homepage:
Once you have your block created you’ll want to add it to the homepage. Go to Structure > Context, which is just below Blocks.
- Scroll down until you see front, front pageand next to your homepage 2,3 or4 style (front_jvn 2, 3, or 4), click Edit.
- Under Edit context front_jvn2/3/4, scroll down until you see Reactions, then click on Blocks.
- You’ll see two columns and two scroll bars. The outer scroll bar allows you to move the far left column options up and down, the inner scroll bar allows you to move the menu of block and other items up and down. In the right column, use the inner scroll bar to find the new block you created under blocks. (you may need to use the outer scroll bar to see all of the choices). Once you’ll found your block, check the box next to it.
- Then find the homepage column you want it to appear in. The homepage columns are called Postscripts – Postscript First is the one on the far left of the homepage, Postscript Second is the middle column, and Postscript Third is the far right column. After you’ve checked the box of the block you want to insert into a teaser box/postscript, click on the +Add link in the appropriate Postscript to add the block to that teaser box. To rearrange the order, used the 4‐ way arrows to move items in each Postscript up or down. Scroll down and Save.