How to Add Anchor/Bookmark Links to Pages
After you’ve added content to your basic page, you may want to add anchor links at the top of the page that jump down to an item further down the page, or at the bottom of the page and a link that takes you to the top of the page.
Anchor links that take User down the page:
- Click at the beginning of the line of text that you want to take the user to from the top of the page, then select the anchor tool in the WYSIWYG tool bar.
- You will get a pop-up window that asks you to name the anchor link. If you use more than one word, you will need to place underscores between words. Click Insert.
- You will see an anchor icon appear at the beginning of the line of text where the anchor link was placed.
- Return to the top of the page, or wherever on the page you want the user to click to be taken to this anchor link, select the text and click on the hyperlink tool. You will get a pop-up and add the name of the anchor link you created in Step 2 to the URL Link field and add a # sign to the beginning to identify it as an anchor link. You can add a title to the link (optional) then click Update.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until you have all of your anchor links created, then Save the page and test your links from the front end.
Anchor link that takes user from the bottom of the page to the top:
- Place an Anchor link using the Anchor link tool in the WYSIWYG toolbar at the very top of the page next to the title. A pop-up will appear and give the anchor link a name like “top_of_page”. Update.
And anchor icon will appear at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and add text such as “Return to Top”, select the text and use the hyperlink took to link it to your anchor link by adding # to the beginning of your top of the page anchor link (ex. #top_of_page ). Update. Save page and test anchor link.